Michigan World Trade Week is a celebration of international trade and business growth for Michigan.
For 35 years area businesses and community leaders have worked together to:
- Share international business knowledge and resources at the annual business conference and key networking events scheduled throughout the week.
- Highlight the link between international trade and Michigan’s economic well-being.
- Recognize the contributions of international trade to job creation in Michigan.
- Commend companies succeeding in global markets.
- Support the annual proclamation issued by the President of the United States declaring World Trade Week in May.
- Welcoming Remarks, Sonja Johnson, Executive Director, GVSU’s Van Andel Global Trade Center
- Keynote Presentation, “Gordon Food Service Journey of International Sales,” Jeff White, Executive Vice President, North American Sales, Gordon Food Service
- Networking Break and Live Q&A, “China & Global Trade: Responding to Tariff Dodging and Enforcing a Level Playing Field,” Jacob Koerning, Principal, Miller Canfield
- Breakout Sessions, “Cyber Protection” and “Weathering the Perfect Storm”
- Networking Break and Live Q&A, “Using Digital Sales Strategy to Increase Sales (eCommerce & Social Media),” Andrew Lawlor, Online Business Development Manager, IBT
- Panel Discussion, “Global Sales Best Practices,” moderated by Kendra Kuo, Direct, U.S. Commercial Service – Grand Rapids; panelists Dave Siebert, Vice President, International Sales, The Oneida Group; Mitch Ermatinger, Founder, Speciation Artisan Ales; Dave Segerlind, Export Sales Representative, Deveraux Sawmill
- Closing Remarks, World Trade Week Planning Committee Chair
Organized by the U.S. Commercial Service and Grand Valley State University’s Van Andel Global Trade Center.