Experts will give a World Economic Update at the 37th annual Michigan World Trade Week Business Conference. Attendees will gain insights into economic indicators and global events that may impact their global strategies for 2023 and beyond.
Notable speakers include Colin Bird, Consul General of Canada in Detroit, and international economists Emma KurtzFreilich and Brett McGee from the U.S. Department of Commerce’s International Trade Administration. The discussion will focus on the economic health of targeted U.S. export markets.
- 11:30 am EDT: Registration and Networking
- 12:00 pm EDT: Luncheon Begins
- 12:30 pm EDT: Introductions and Welcome Remarks
- 12:45 pm EDT: Featured Luncheon Presentations—
- Canadian Economic Update
- World Economic Update
- 1:30 pm EDT: Networking Break
- 1:45 pm EDT: Breakout Session 1
- What's New in Canada?
- Target New Export Markets Using the Market Diversification Tool
- Cyber Security and Data Management
- 2:30 pm EDT: Networking Break
- 2:45 pm EDT: Breatkout Session 2
- What's New in Vietnam
- Leveraging EXIM and SBA to Grow International Sales
- Supply Chain Diligence—Know Your Supplier and Understand Risks
- 3:30 pm EDT: Networking Break
- 3:40 pm EDT: Breakout Session 3
- Preparing for Trade Shows and International Visits
- Seven Most Common Mistakes—International Sale of Goods
- Managing International Teams
- 4:30 pm EDT: Networking Reception following conference
- $150 in-person.
- $50 virtual participation for the online luncheon session only.