The Global Launchpad is designed to provide STEM firms with the foundational knowledge required to respond to global opportunities.
U.S. STEM companies are some of the most innovative in the world and their solutions are sought out proactively even while in the R&D phase. While we do not advocate that firms pursue global opportunities before they have a strong foothold in the U.S., we want them prepared when that inquiry comes in so they do not shun away from it out of fear or simply not knowing what to do or who to contact. Having a strong grasp of key, industry-specific issues like IPR, compliance, and data safeguards, along with the right contacts can be the difference between a strong domestic performer and a global success.
That's why we've built this program to equip Virginia's STEM companies with the tools to respond when opportunities arise. In addition to providing a forum to network with industry leaders like Amazon Business, Lighthouse Labs, C-Ville Biohub, and peers, we're showcasing expertise in critical issue areas such as global IPR, compliance for emerging tech, and data privacy and security.
- Remarks from Antwaun Griffin, Head of Socially Responsible Purchasing, Amazon Business
- Securing Intellectual Property Rights in Foreign Markets
- Top Regulatory Compliance Issues for STEM Exporters
- Proper Data Handling Under GDPR
- Ample opportunities for networking with panelists, resource providers, and the startup community, culminating with a closing reception featuring hors d'oeuvres and Virginia craft beverages