- Information We Collect
- Information We Collect and Receive. In order for you to use our Site and Services, we need to collect and process certain types of information. Depending on your use of our Site and Services, this may include:
- Information you provide to us by completing forms on our website, such as our Contact Us form available at https://www.worldtrademonth.com/contact/. For example, this may include your name, contact, and address information, and any other information you may provide in the forms on our website;
- Information you provide to us by contacting us: Any personal information you may provide to us when you email or call us, such as name, phone number, employer, and any other details you provide in your communications. World Trade Month may also request your contact information for the purposes of having someone contact you for additional information, or in response to your request for information from us;
- Information you provide us by signing up for our Services: For example, if you fill out a Sponsorship Agreement or sign up for one of our webinars, we may collect the information you provide to us throughout the process;
- Transaction information when you purchase Services from us: For example, if you sign up for a Sponsorship and pay with your credit card, we may use your credit card information for shipping, billing, and credit card validation purposes;
- Information about the ways people visit and interact with our Site, such as traffic analytics, geolocation information, and other statistics; and
- Information about your activity through our Services, including your device information (such as your IP address, the type of device or browser you use, and your actions on the Site).
We will only use personal information to provide you with information, products, or services you have requested, or for other purposes set out in this Policy. Personal information does not include aggregate information from which individual identities have been removed.
1.2 Information from Children. World Trade Month does not knowingly solicit or collect any personal information from anyone under 13 years of age, and children under 13 are not permitted to register for or use our Site or Services, including by subscribing to receive information from World Trade Month. Parents can contact our customer service department to access, change, or delete the personal information that has been submitted by a child. If we become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete it.
- How We Use Information
World Trade Month may use the personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- To deliver our products and Services;
- To provide customer service and our support services;
- To process any financial transactions you make on our Site;
- To keep your information secure, such as by detecting security incidents, and to be able to verify your identity and contact information;
- To alert you about product updates, special offers, updated information and other news and services from World Trade Month;
- To ensure our website and services are relevant to you and your interests;
- To help us create and publish content most relevant to you; and
- To contact you in response to sign up forms or requests such as our Contact Us form.
- How Information May Be Shared
World Trade Month will never sell or rent any of your personal information, and we will never share your personal information publicly without your consent. However, we may share your information with certain trusted third-party services to help us provide, improve, promote, or protect our products and Services. For example, we may partner with other companies to process your payments or store your data to support delivery of our products or Services. Whenever we share data with third-party services, we require that they use your information only for the purposes we’ve authorized, and that they protect your personal information at least to the same standards we do.
We also reserve the right to disclose personal information when it is reasonably necessary to conduct our business, protect World Trade Month’s legal rights and property, and to comply with the law or law enforcement. Otherwise, your personal information is never shared with any individual or other organization.
- Protection of your Personal Information
We take the security of your personal information seriously and follow industry-standard practices to protect the data we collect and process. World Trade Month has therefore put in place commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information that World Trade Month collects. Access to personal information will be restricted to our authorized personnel who require the information in order to perform their duties properly. In addition, access will be limited to only that information that is strictly necessary for the performance of those duties.
Remember, the safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen, or where we have given you a username and password for access to certain parts of the Site or Services, you are responsible for keeping the username and password confidential. No method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely secure, so World Trade Month cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Email Notifications
While recognizing that one of World Trade Month’s Services includes an email newsletter, we try to keep email communications to a minimum and give you the ability to opt out of any marketing communications we send. For example, we may send you email relating to the Services we offer. You may also elect to receive certain marketing email communications, in accordance with your preferences, and from which you may opt out at any time. You can always opt out of receiving email information or mobile device notifications from World Trade Month (other than certain required communications informing you of the completion of a purchase, user registration, correction of user data, or change of password), by sending us an email at email@example.com stating your request. If we have sent you a promotional email or mobile device notification, you may send us a return email or mobile device communication asking to be omitted from future email or mobile device distributions.
- Questions, Comments, or Complaints